- Do you have experience in the area of mental health or carer support?
- Do you want to make a difference in people's lives and promote choice?
- Does an organisation that values work/life balance, ongoing development and high quality services appeal to you?
Care Connect is seeking a Client Facilitator to work on its Mental Health Carer Support Program as part of the disability team in its Moonee Ponds office. The main role of the Client Facilitator will be to ensure that client support services are coordinated, delivered and monitored in accordance with care plans developed in collaboration with Client Advisers.
Attributes Care Connect values include:
- A demonstrated ability to prioritise, plan and organise a busy workload
- Knowledge of community and health care resources and services networks
- An ability to think ‘outside the box', develop creative ideas and be solution-focused
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to link people into a range of supports and services
- Initiative and the ability to contribute to a continuous improvement team culture
- Experience building carer resilience
- Experience in budget monitoring
- A commitment to respect and confidentiality
- A current driver's licence
In return you will become part of a highly skilled and supportive team in an organisation that values work/life balance and professional development.
As the successful applicant you will possess:
- Tertiary qualification in a health or welfare discipline or demonstrated experience in the community/health sector
- Sound communication, organisational and IT skills
- An understanding of, and an interest in, working with people with disabilities, people with mental illness and their carers
- A competitive salary inclusive of tax free dollars
- A flexible working environment
- Professional development
- 15 days personal/carers leave pro-rata
- The option to participate in the Meal Entertainment Program
For a position profile please visit www.careconnect.org.au/Careers/Current-vacancies
For further information contact Carly McMartin, Team Leader on (03) 9362 8000.
Applications must include a response to the key selection criteria.
Forward applications, marked confidential to email@example.com quoting job reference number 385-CF-MOP.
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this position.
All offers of employment are provisional pending the outcome of a National Police Records Check.
Previous applicants need not apply.
About Care Connect
Care Connect is a major secular community care provider in New South Wales, Queensland and Victoria. We support people to live independent lives at home and in the community.
We provide information, advice and guidance to assist people navigate and access support services they need to live the life they want. Our staff specialise in coordinating services with people of all ages and abilities including children, young people, adults, older adults and carers.
We specialise in providing services, including complex care, related to: aged care, disability, mental health, Acquired Brain Injury, Autism Spectrum Disorder, transitional care, preventative care, dementia and respite.
We value the diversity of communities and provide inclusive services to people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island communities, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender or intersex or people who are financially and/or socially disadvantaged.
Our approach is flexible, collaborative and designed to meet each person's changing needs. We build on a person's strengths and capacity so that they can make informed choices about the services and support they require. We call this unique, person-centred approach, My Life, My Choice, My Way™.
Closing date: 21 June 2013