House with No Steps is a leading provider of quality residential, employment and ancillary services to people with disabilities throughout NSW, ACT and Queensland. We are committed to innovation, continuous improvement and building strong relationships.
We are currently seeking Part-Time support workers for two vacancies in our Shoalhaven Community Support Services in Nowra NSW. These positions are aimed towards independent living and community participation. The roles offer potential individuals an opportunity at working in an environment which is active, rewarding and satisfying.
We are looking for someone who
- Understands and is committed to a person centred approach and respectful individualised support
- Has a passion for assisting people in achieving the best out of life
- Comfortably establishes and maintains a rapport and positive relationships
- Believes in inclusion and developing meaningful links within the local community
- Actively promotes a positive, fun and relaxed team environment
- Is an excellent communicator and knows their way confidently around a computer
- Is confident when working in a complex needs environment
- Has a willingness to grow and learn and participate in training
- Has a current drivers licence
- Has relevant qualifications and holds a Senior First Aid Certificate
- Has experience working in disability, welfare or community services
If being part of a supportive team and demonstrating a positive attitude towards the promotion of supporting people with disabilities is for you then we strongly appreciate all applications.
To attract the best candidates, we offer career development opportunities, access to comprehensive competency based staff training and salary packaging options.
Please quote job reference number: SOSWSCSS0213 in your application.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Salli Kiley on (02) 4221 0300, quoting reference number: SOSWSCSS0213.
Please be aware that only successful candidates will be contacted about this particular position.
Making the most of our abilities.
Only Australian citizens, permanent residents or those with working rights in Australia are eligible to apply. HWNS is an EEO employer.
No smoking in the workplace is company policy.
Closing date: 14 February 2013