- Casual positions available
- Fantastic opportunity to work close to home within the Blacktown area
- Ideal working hours for those wanting a work-life balance!
- Join a reputable organisation in aged care!
ANGLICARE is committed to providing care for all people by addressing emotional, social and physical needs within the community. As part of ANGLICARE, Chesalon Services assists frail aged people to lead fulfilling lives by providing life enriching care in the community. Chesalon offers quality care, encouraging clients to maintain independence, while catering for their social, physical and spiritual needs. These services include home and community based services, frail aged and dementia day centres, an overnight respite cottage and carer respite services.
Chesalon Services Western Sydney is seeking to appoint several Community Care Workers to work on a casual basis. Though hours of work can range from 8:00am until 5:00pm, the successful applicant would need to be flexible to work additional hours as the business requires.
The successful candidates will be working in our Personal Care services in the Blacktown region, servicing younger and frail aged people with a functional disability. However, you may be asked to work across various programs if required. In this position, you will be attending client's homes and providing personal care. You will be liaising with clients, their carer and families, while monitoring their health and wellbeing.
It is essential that you have:
- Previous experience working with frail aged people, younger people with disabilities, people with dementia and complex needs, preferably in the community setting.
- Certificate III (Home and Community) or (Industry Related) or currently obtaining
- A current driver's licence and a comprehensively insured vehicle
- Experience in monitoring clients and reporting behavioural or health changes
- Experience with providing personal care assistance, including the use of mobility aids
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently
- An understanding of WH&S issues and risk management for client home-based care and during transport of clients
- A desire to support the mission and values of ANGLICARE in the Diocese of Sydney
It is highly desirable that the successful candidate will have experience using mobility aids while working with the frail aged.
If you meet the above criteria, we'd like to hear from you immediately!
ANGLICARE offers a friendly and supportive working environment and a commitment to professional development. You will also receive a mobile phone and uniform as part of your employment.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for position please click on the “apply” link below and send a copy of your resume with a covering letter addressing the selection criteria outlined in the above advertisement.
For further information please call Krizzia Tiga on 9895 8191.
Candidates are encouraged to apply immediately as ANGLICARE vacancies do not have a closing date.